Good Manufacturing Certificate Quality Assurance & Complaints
The US Food, Drug & Cosmetic Act requires that all cosmetic manufacturers keep records of any injury resulting or purporting to result from the use of their products.
The standards for quality assurance require that:
- Records are maintained regarding the kind and severity of each reported injury and the body part involved, as well as any medical treatment involved and the attending physician and/or hospital.
- Records are maintained of the product associated with each injury and its' batch code number.
- Records are maintained of the name and location of any poison control center or government agency to whom formula information and/or toxicity data are provided.
Other QA Issues to Consider:
- Does a company voluntarily file Cosmetic Product Experience Reports?
- Does a company maintain records tracking consumer complaints, any applicable lab data referring to the product and how the complaint was resolved?