Good Manufacturing Certificate Records
Keeping accurate records is necessary to document compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices; in some foreign markets, extensive documentation is required for every individual product to be sold (see Export Requirements for the European Union for more information).
These are the standards for keeping records regarding cosmetic manufacture:
- All raw materials and primary packaging materials, including those rejected for use, are documented and easily tracked by batch.
- For every product batch, document the raw materials used, the production process, testing and sampling and code marks for batches and finished product.
- Maintain documentation for shipments of product, indicating code marks and consignees.
- Maintain documentation for any complaints and regulatory issues.
- Maintain records for any employee or facility certifications or inspections.